How should I choose an obedience class for my new Golden Retriever Puppy?:
When choosing an obedience class for your new Golden Retriever puppy, there are a few things you should consider:
- Look for a class that uses positive reinforcement training methods. These methods are based on rewarding good behavior, rather than punishing bad behavior, which is more effective and less stressful for your puppy.
- Choose a class that is specifically designed for puppies. Puppies have shorter attention spans and are more easily distracted than adult dogs, so they need a different type of training.
- Look for a class that is taught by a certified professional trainer. The trainer should have experience working with puppies and be able to answer any questions you may have.
- Consider the class size. A smaller class size will allow for more one-on-one time with the trainer and may be more beneficial for your puppy.
- Find out what the class covers. A good obedience class should cover basic commands such as sit, stay, and come, as well as proper socialization with people and other dogs.
- Check the location of the class. You'll want to choose a class that is convenient for you to attend.
- Finally, don't be afraid to ask for references or to observe a class before signing up. This will give you a good idea of what to expect and whether the class is a good fit for you and your puppy.
To inquire about a puppy or if you have a question, please contact us here
Indian Trail Golden Retrievers ©2023